Here is our list of the 10 essential items that should be in your first aid kit.
- Elastic bandage containing stretchable material that can be used to apply pressure
- Pain relievers of different types and strengths
- Burn cream containing silver sulfadfiazine
- Blood stopper kit like QuikClot Combat Sponges
- Bandage strips that can cover or bind a wound or sore
- Triangle bandage that can be used as a sling
- Medical tape to hold a bandage or dressing in place
- Iodine wipes to prevent infection of minor cuts and scrapes
- Splint for immobilizing and setting broken bones
- Abdominal pads to absorb discharge or pack off abdominal viscera
Of course, you need a bag to carry it all in. We recommend the 5.11 Small Kit tool bag. It’s the perfect size and configuration for an emergency medical kit and will keep everything organized for fast and easy access.
Want the handy poster to the right? Click here to get it now!