In the day and age of technology, we see apps for literally everything that you can imagine. Now the National Guard has launched an app to help soldiers track their fitness as it pertains to their APFT. Is this really what we have come to? Meet the demographic I guess. They have released the app under the name “Guard Fit”.

The goal behind the app is to raise the percentage of soldiers who passed their APFT. Accord to military.com as of July 2017, 88 percent of soldiers passed their APFT. I know we always look for 100 or nothing but considering drill is one weekend a month and the only things keeping sol-diers “fit” is whatever ounce of devotion they have to be a soldier is pretty remarkable.

The app tracks all APFT exercises, push-ups, sit-ups and the 2-mile run. Allowing you to track your growth or downfall because let’s be honest there is always a downfall. You can’t always be great, maybe for your age group but you will not always be the top. Guard Fit will create a training program for you whether daily or weekly and allows you to set how intense you want things to get.

What is an app without a social presence? Everything really does have some sort of social tie. We can thank Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat for that I guess. True to the nature of releasing an app Guard Fit allows you to compete against your battles. Nothing like competing to have the best APFT score. As if that didn’t already happen. I guess the Army felt like it needed a platform on which to support the competition.

Let’s be honest though nothing will make that 22 percent pass. Well, that is a lie, a portion of the 22 percent will pass because they are the few that just missed it by a point or so because they were borderline, to begin with, a had a bad day. The remainder of them, however, are the ones that are just fat bodies. Always struggling and always barely making the cut. One year from now I guess we will see if the app has made the impact the Army is hoping for. Although unless everyone in the Guard signs up for the app we won’t really know whether or not it was the app that really did it.

Disclaimer: The content in this article is the opinion of the writer and does not necessarily reflect the policies or opinions of US Patriot Tactical.

Angelo Pisa

Angelo Pisa

Angelo grew up in California before enlisting in the United States Army in the summer of 2013. After an unfortunate injury, he left the Army in December of 2014. He now spends his time running two growing businesses and is in the process of starting another. His hobbies include sports, anything automotive and firearms.
Angelo Pisa

Latest posts by Angelo Pisa (see all)

3 Shares

1 thought on “Nasty Girl Fitness App

  1. Hello Angelo,

    You have referenced 22% in your article. I may be off, however, if you are referring to the 88% who passed the APFT, I believe that leaves 12% who did not. If this is true, then you can see that there is already an 8% improvement!

    Respectfully,

    Allen

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *