First, a caveat: The Men’s Health Workout War Crucible Challenge is by no means as physically and mentally draining as the test every recruit must go through to earn the privilege of wearing a Marine Corps uniform. That epic test of endurance involves 54 hours of sleep and food deprivation while marching 45 miles, overcoming obstacles and an assault course, and solving strategy problems under duress all while working as a team. It’s said to be an experience a Marine never forgets.
The Workout War Crucible Workout requires you to do 54 reps each of 8 exercises for 432 total reps followed rowing (or rope jumping) and running finishers for each of the three exercise rounds. The exercises are done in sequence. Rest as needed, but dig deep to complete the rounds as quickly as you can. Ready? OO-RAH!
The Workout War Crucible Workout
- Round 1 = 20 reps for each exercise
- Round 2 = 18 reps for each exercise
- Round 3 = 16 reps for each exercise
Note: Rest as needed. For example, if you can do only four consecutive pull-ups, do four, rest, do another four and so on until you nail 20 total.
- 50lb Dumbbell Goblet Squat
- Military Press (45 pound barbell)
- Curls (45 pound barbell)
- Walking Lunges
- Toes to Bar
- Stationary Row 500 meters (or rope jump 200 reps)
- Run 1/4 mile
Optional workout: If the Workout War Crucible is too tough for you right now, work up to it by doing this intermediate version. Again, do 3 rounds of 20, 18 and 16 reps respectively for each body weight exercise below and finish each round with 54 rope jumps. For more workouts, grab a copy of Men’s Health Workout War and throw down the gauntlet on a weight-loss war with your friends.
Workout War Intermediate Crucible
- Bicycle crunches
- Mountain climbers
- Jumping jacks
- Jump rope (54 reps)
Together, we are helping service members and their families heal from the wounds of war. Join us and get involved now! If you purchase a copy of Workout War between today and May 27, a portion of the proceeds will go to Combat Reboot Recovery.
Latest posts by US Patriot Tactical (see all)
- US Patriot and OTB Boots Announce Partnership, Return of JungleLite Boots – 17 January, 2018
- Veteran-owned Apparel Company Honored at Army-Navy Game – 5 December, 2017
- US Patriot Tactical Opens Retail Store at Kadena AFB, Japan – 17 November, 2017